JNU has an interdisciplinary approach for allmost all courses. Each centre is proud of having students from different backgrounds. Still, there are admission requirements and eligibility criterions for each courses and programmes. We have prepared the requirements list on the basis of Schools, Programmes and Cenre. This is sorted in alphabetic order.
JNU Admission Requirements School of Computational and Integrative Sciences
SCHOOL OF COMPUTATIONAL AND INTEGRATIVE SCIENCES
Direct admission to Ph.D. Programme
Obtained M.Phil/M.Tech. degree in the related field like science, engineering, medical and pharmaceutical science from a recognized university/research institution with minimum Final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of 6.00 in 10 point scale/comparable standard where the grading is based on system other than 10 point scale. The candidate who have obtained M.Phil degree from a University/Institution where dissertation is not graded or grading is not on 10 points scale, arerequired to forward a copy of their M.Phil dissertation along with the Application Form for the purpose of assessment of their credentials
At least 2 years research experience in reputed institutions in the related fields with research publication(s) comparable to M.Phil standard. In addition, they should have obtained Master’s Degree in the related field with FGPA of 6.00 in the 10 point scale/comparable standard or equivalent percentage
Candidates with Advanced Diploma (after M.Sc. degree) in Bioinformatics are also eligible if they secure minimum Final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of 6.00 in 10 point scale/comparable standard or equivalent percentage
Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D. in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Category 1 (through entrance examination)
- a) Master’s Degree in any branch of Sciences such as Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science/MCA
- .(b) MBBS or BHMS or equivalent degree as recognized by Government Council such as MCI.
- (c) B.Tech or B.E. or equivalent degree in any branch of Engineering, B.Pharma degree orequivalent.
Common to all is a minimum requirement of 55% marks
Category II only viva no written exam
Candidates who have qualified the National level Junior Research Fellowship examination through CSIR/UGC National Eligibility Test(NET),BINC.DBT,ICMR are eligible to apply separately in the prescribed form under this category. Candidates shall have to appear for an interview
M.Tech. in Computational and Systems Biology
- a) Master’s Degree in any branch of Sciences including Biological, Chemical, Mathematical, Physical, Statistics, Computer Sciences/MCA
- b) MBBS or BHMS or equivalent degree as recognized by Government Council such as MCI
- c) B.Tech or B.E. or equivalent degree in any branch of Engineering. B.Pharma degree or equivalent.
A minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying degree and Mathematics till class XII is Compulsory.